The relationship between Corbyn Investment Management (“Corbyn”) and our clients is the most important asset of our firm. We strive to maintain your trust and confidence and we are committed to protecting your personal information to the best of our ability. We believe that our clients value their privacy; therefore, we will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is required by law, at your direction, or is necessary to provide you with our services.
All investment advisers need to share clients’ personal information in certain circumstances. Under the law, the information we collect is provided to companies that perform support services on our behalf, which is necessary to effect, administer or process a transaction, and for maintaining and servicing your account. We have not, and will not, sell your personal information to anyone. Furthermore, Corbyn does not use personal information received from an affiliate to make solicitations for marketing purposes, nor do we share your information with affiliates to allow them to market their products or services to you.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT, MAINTAIN, AND COMMUNICATE
Corbyn collects and maintains your personal information to enable us to provide investment management services to you. The types and categories of information we collect and maintain about you include:
- Information we receive from you to open an account and provide investment advice to you such as your home address, telephone number, social security number and financial information;
- Information that we generate to service your account such as trade tickets and account statements; and
- Information that we may receive from third parties with respect to your account such as trade confirmations and statements provided by your custodian.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not disclose any non-public personal information about you or former clients to anyone, except as required by law or as directed by you. To fulfill our privacy commitment at Corbyn Investment Management, we have instituted firm-wide practices to safeguard the information that we maintain about you. These include:
- Adopting policies and procedures that put in place physical, electronic, and other safeguards to keep your personal information safe.
- Limiting access of personal information to those employees who need it to perform their job duties.
- Protecting information of our former clients to the same extent as our current clients.