High-Yield Credit Analyst
Corbyn Investment Management is seeking a high yield corporate bond analyst to join the firm’s investment team. This individual will primarily perform in-depth credit analysis, in addition to other responsibilities supporting research, trading, portfolio management, and client support efforts. The position requires a strong understanding of financial statements, models, capital structures and credit markets to help identify investment recommendations consistent with our objective of reducing downside risk while generating attractive, consistent returns.
- Perform independent, bottom-up fundamental analysis of high yield corporate bonds
- Generate new investment ideas, and communicate those ideas clearly and concisely with the rest of the team
- Monitor, analyze, and communicate news flow of current and prospective holdings
- Maintain spreadsheet models and reports on regular basis
- Cultivate relationships with sell-side brokers and analysts to filter potential new ideas
- 5+yrs relevant experience in corporate credit analysis
- Achievement of, or strong desire to obtain, CFA designation preferred
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, and communicative personality with attention to detail
- Desire to contribute in a variety of ways to an entrepreneurial, small firm.
- Proficiencies: Excel and Bloomberg required, Advent portfolio management software and VBA a plus
- Position is located in our suburban Baltimore (Lutherville) office
About Corbyn Investment Management
Corbyn Investment Management manages more than $1 billion for separate account clients and the Greenspring Fund (ticker: GRSPX). Since 1973, Corbyn’s mission has been to generate strong, consistent investment results for its clients through a combination of value-oriented equities and high-yield bonds.
Please forward resume to email@example.com
2330 West Joppa Rd., Suite 108, Lutherville, MD 21093